top of page

Is Vandalism to My Rental Property Covered?

First check what type of policy you have. Most rentals (single family to 4 units) are covered under a dwelling policy form.

With a Dwelling Fire 1 policy, vandalism is not typically covered. This type of policy typically provides coverage for damages to the physical structure of the rental property from perils such as fire, lightning, windstorms, and hail, but not from intentional acts like vandalism.

If coverage for vandalism is desired, it may be possible to add an endorsement or a separate policy for this type of coverage.

However most Dwelling Fire 3 policies do cover vandalism.

Make sure to check on more than the price when searching for insurance. Items like vandalism are not listed on the declaration page and are instead buried in the lengthy policy document.

It is important to carefully review the policy details and speak with an insurance agent to understand the coverage provided.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

What are CC&Rs?

Covenants, conditions, and restrictions (CC&Rs) are a set of rules and regulations established by a homeowners association (HOA) to govern the use and maintenance of properties within a community. The

What If My Ball Hits Someone While Playing Golf?

It depends on the specific circumstances and the coverage in your homeowners insurance policy. Most standard homeowners insurance policies provide liability coverage for bodily injury claims made agai


bottom of page